Monday, February 14, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

There are a few reasons why I have decided to start a blog:

1.  This year I am going for Supernova status on Pokerstars.  Successfully doing this will result in about $6,000 worth of profit (and that's if I break even).  Doing this won't be easy.  As a SNG player, I may have to play as many as 40,000 tournaments throughout the year.  Essentially I will need to earn 100,000 VPP's by December 31st.  As of right now I have only 6,971 and I was recently forced to play games that earn me about one/fourth as many VPP's per hour.

2. I think a lot of people are getting sick of me posting all of my results through my facebook status.  My experiences, however, are just too interesting for me not to tell people about, so anyone willing to listen may come here and anyone who doesn't care can stay in their own world.

3. Pokerstars awards various monetary opportunities for people with their own blog.  If I can manage to post enough throughout the year, Pokerstars will literally allow me to play in freerolls worth thousands of dollars in tournament entries.  Furthermore, it seems that they have been more and more willing to award Micro-stakes players with the "Team Pro" honor which is worth loads of $$.  Although I have to bring a lot to the table and honestly I think that my chances are extremely low.  Although I might as well give myself the best chance I can.

4. There are some days where I just need to tell some people what's going on.  Out of all of my friends who know of me playing poker... not a single one understands the difficulty nor the opportunity of the game.  Anyone who knows me well will see me get dedicated to one thing and focus on nothing else until I master it.  Usually I come to a point where I can't get much better, and I move onto the next thing.  Well, I have been playing poker for 12 years, and I have yet to even see a light at the end of the tunnel for ways to improve my game.  There is not a more complex game in the world ...  I love the challenge!

=======================================

I've been asked numerous times whether poker is a game of skill or luck.  I hope to be able to post some videos throughout the course of this blog in which you can watch me actually play.  During that time, I hope to be able to prove to you that this is without a doubt a skill game.  Sure... at the end of the day, luck effects your profits... but at the end of your life, it was skill that determined how much you made/lost.

Maybe this will help: http://www.pokertableratings.com/stars-player-search/nanonoko

I will update as much as I can so long as you post as much as you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment